ECIO 2018 will take place in Valencia, at the Universitat Politècnica de València Campus, in building 8B, 4th floor in the Blue Cube. An interactive campus map can be found in http://www.upv.es/plano/plano-2d-es.html
The Universitat Politècnica de Valencia (UPV) is a Spanish public university, organized in 9 advanced Technical Schools, 2 Faculties y and 2 Higher Polytechnic Schools, offering a wide offer of postgraduate studies: master's degrees, PhD programs and non-official postgraduate courses. It includes 42 departaments and 45 research centers and institutes.
Campus de Vera
The Vera Campus site is located to the north of the city of Valencia in a peaceful setting that borders with traditional farmland and is very close to the beach. It consists of nearly 60 buildings arranged in an orderly manner around the Agora, which is the centre of life on campus. There are over 108,000 square metres of green spaces that house an open-air museum of sculpture.
The conference will be held at the Polytechnic City of Innovation (8B building - Blue Cube). You can access via the campus entrance J, from the Avenida de los Naranjos.
How to arrive
Auditorio – Edificio Cubo Azul
Ciudad Politécnica de la Innovación (CPI)
Universidad Politécnica de Valencia (UPV)
Cº de Vera, S/Nº – Building 8B (Southeast corner of UPV)
46022 (Valencia – Spain)
- By car: 95% of the campus parking area is restricted to those who do not have the UPV card. There are parking areas at the Avenida de los Naranjos.
- By taxi: To arrive by taxi to the campus as close as possible to the conference venue, you may ask the driver to leave you at the Serreria tram/metro stop, in front of the campus entrance J.
- By Metro/Tram: Lines 4 and 6 of the tram/metro – Serreria stop: located in front of the campus entrance J.
- By bus/EMT: You can access to the campus by the EMT bus lines 29, 40, 41 which stop next to the entrance J (Tarongers-Fausto Elio bus stop). Also lines 18, 29 and 71 will stop at the Avenida del Tarongers but you will have to walk for around 5 minutes to the conference venue.
- By bicycle: There are Valenbisi docking stations inside the campus.
How to reach UPV Campus in Valencia: http://www.upv.es/otros/como-llegar-upv/campus-vera/index-en.html
- Restaurants: The restaurants closest to the conference venue are El Trinquet (9D building) and the shopping center located in the Galileo Galilei (6D building).
- Other restaurants located in the central part of the campus are Ágora restaurant (2D building), Tony’s pizzeria (5B building) and Tarongeria (3D building).
You can find other services in the campus
- Banks (Santander and Bankia)
- Medical service
- Stationery shop
- Electronic store
- Optician's shop
- Sporting shop
- Flower shop